the FIT process and the TEAM
Step 1) Focus is on YOU
Any injuries or foot problems?
- Arch, heel or forefoot pain?
- Knee pain?
- Other injuries?
- Chronic blisters or blackened toenails?
- Do you wear orthotics or other inserts?
- Are you training for general fitness, 5K, 10K, or Marathon?
- What type of surface do you run on?
- What is your weekly mileage?
Step 2) Measurement
We measure your feet both un-weighted (seated) and weighted (standing) measurements as well as different point-to-point measurements.
Step 3) Gait Analysis
We observe as you run or walk a short distance on the treadmill. This helps us understand how you move and the biomechanics of your gait.
What we’re looking at:
- Body posture
- Body symmetry
- Phases of the gait cycle from heel strike to toe-off
Step 4) Fitting and Recommendations
Based on our findings, we will bring out the shoes that may work best for you. We’ll carefully inspect the fit and watch as you run or walk in each shoe. We’ll discuss the options, provide you with our recommendations and answer any questions.
Step 5) Comfort and Feel
Now it’s your turn! Let us know how the shoe feels on your foot; if it feels great, you’re off and running!
The PEAK TEAM
1. I read a lot
2. I have an epic beard
3. I have jumped out of an airplane 42 times
4. I run crazy long distances
1. I was born in Australia but have lived in 5 countries.
2. I have competed in races in 8 countries.
3. I currently have all 10 of my toenails.
4. The only school athletics record I ever broke was for shotput.
5. I make my own granola. (No, don’t ask for a recipe, I never measure anything and it is different every time.)
1. Starting bike road racing 2007. Most road races completed in one year 52 races.
2. My nickname given to me on a group ride one day. Kimberly Kim Possible. Anything is possible.
3. Dream Goal: To compete in the Mt. Everest Trail Race in Nepal
4. Hobbies I love to do: pottery wheel, cooking, camping, Hiking
5. Biggest athletic accomplishment: competing in Aviles, Spain. Duathlon World Championships. JUNE 2016. For Team USA.
1. I play soccer at Hinsdale Central
2. I am 17 years old and a senior at Hinsdale Central
3. Hawaii and Costa Rica were my favorite vacation spots
4. I am obsessed with coffee
5. I have double-jointed fingers
1. I ran cross country and track in college!
2. I was once a running guide for a completely blind runner at the USA Paralympics held in San Antonio, TX.
3. I qualified for USA Juniors in 2012 for the 1500m race in track&field!
4. I am getting my doctorate in physical therapy.
5. I love all things Harry Potter!
1.I’ve run 36 marathons, three 50k’s and lost count of the half marathons, 10 miles, 10k and 5k’s
2.I have four uniquely awesome kids!
3.My passion is trail running, the more rocks and hills the better!
4.What makes me happy is happy feet! The look of joy on a customers face when they find that perfect fitting shoe!
5.I love taking care of myself by eating healthy and exercising my mind and body
1. I played soccer in college and still enjoy the beautiful game.
2. Currently getting ready for my first ultramarathon – Farmdale 30 miler.
3. I love road trips and visiting the Pacific Northwest.
4. I have a dog named Maple. We enjoy running at Waterfall Glen and Bullfrog.
1. I run for the University of Illinois cross country and track teams
2. Waterfall Glen is my favorite place to run in the suburbs
3. I wear really short shorts when I run
4. I am a huge Cubs fan
5. My favorite place I’ve been to on vacation is Slovakia